The Firestick and Fire TV are popular streaming devices that allow users to access a wide range of content. However, to ensure privacy and security while using these devices, it is recommended to use a VPN.
While there are many VPN options available, finding a free and reliable one can be a challenge.
In this article, we will explore the best free VPNs for Firestick and Fire TV in 2024, according to expert reviews and user experiences. We will also provide a step-by-step guide on how to install a free VPN on your Firestick or Fire TV device.
Detailed List of the Best Free VPNs for Firestick & Fire TV
The Amazon Firestick is a great device for watching shows and movies with just a click. It becomes even cooler when you can watch unlimited stuff from around the world. If you want to do that without paying for a VPN, a free VPN is the answer.
But, there are many free VPNs for Firestick, and some have lots of restrictions or aren’t safe and can’t unlock streaming services.
To make it easier for you, we’ve picked out the best free VPNs that work well with Amazon Firestick. They have important security features, help you watch streaming services, and make your internet experience better.
1. Windscribe Free: Best Free VPN for Firestick
Windscribe is a free VPN that works on Firestick so you can watch Netflix without paying. With the free version, you get 10 GB of data, 11 server options, and good security features.
- Safety and Privacy: Windscribe is a safe free VPN that keeps your online stuff secure. It uses strong encryption and doesn’t track what websites you visit.
- Performance: It’s quick and safe with a good technology called WireGuard. You get to use 11 servers for free out of many available. It’s easy to install on your Fire TV, making things simple for you.
- Features: Windscribe gives you cool features for free like a kill switch, an ad blocker, and the ability to connect to two servers at once. There’s also a free SOCKS5 proxy for torrenting. You can use Windscribe to watch Netflix in different countries with its 11 free server locations.
Even though the free version is good, if you pay a bit (starting at $5.75/month), you get even more servers, better access to streaming, and stronger security features. They also give you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free version with 10GB of data.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Unblocks various streaming sites.
- Supports torrenting.
- No DNS leaks.
- Highly configurable.
- Next-gen encryption.
- Supports various tunneling protocols.
- A limited number of servers.
- No independent audit.
- At least 2 unencrypted servers in Ukraine.
- Based in a 5-Eyes country.
2. Proton VPN Free: Fastest Free VPN for Firestick
Looking for a good free VPN for your Amazon Firestick? Consider Proton VPN! It’s an open-source service with no data limit and a user-friendly app for Firestick.
- Security: Proton VPN keeps your data super safe with strong encryption and a strict no-logs policy.
- Performance: Even though it has a small number of servers, Proton VPN uses WireGuard to keep your connection fast and secure. Easy to set up on your Firestick, but you’ll need another device for login. The app is simple and easy to use.
- Features: Some advanced features are for paid users, but free users still get a kill switch for protection and DNS leak prevention. Free users might struggle with limited servers for streaming, but with a paid plan, you can access Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and more.
To use multiple devices and unlock all features, it’s $4.99 per month. Plus, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee if you want to try out the premium version risk-free.
- Exceptional free version with robust features.
- Effectively unblocks streaming services, including Netflix.
- Supports torrenting for file-sharing purposes.
- User-friendly interface, ensuring ease of use.
- Provides open-source applications for transparency.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for risk-free exploration.
- Enhanced features in the macOS version.
- Premium pricing may be a drawback for some users.
- Slower customer support response times.
3. Hide.me Free: Privacy-oriented Free Fire TV VPN
Looking for a private VPN for your Amazon Firestick? Hide.me VPN is a great choice. The free version gives you 10 GB of secure data, 5 server locations, and all the features of the paid version.
- Security and Privacy: Hide.me VPN takes your privacy seriously and doesn’t collect any of your data. It’s been audited and certified as a truly anonymous VPN, using top-notch AES-256 encryption.
- Performance: Free users get OpenVPN, IKEv2, and IP versions with 5 server locations US East, US West, Canada, Netherlands, and Germany. Connection speeds are decent.
- Features: The combination of a kill switch and split tunneling (Stealth guard) boosts your safety. You can use these features separately too. There’s a free SOCKS5 proxy for torrenting and port forwarding.
While the free version is generous, the paid subscription offers even more – unblocked Netflix, unlimited data, and a bigger server fleet for a better online experience. Prices start from $2.43 per month.
- Offers a free version with valuable features.
- Utilizes cutting-edge tunneling protocols for enhanced security.
- Effectively unblocks most streaming services.
- Allows 10 simultaneous connections for multiple devices.
- Includes a SOCKS5 proxy for versatile internet usage.
- Boasts great customer support services.
- Supports IPv6 for improved network capabilities.
- The kill switch feature could be improved for better functionality.
- Basic mobile apps may lack some advanced features.
- Considered expensive by some users.
4. Atlas VPN – Best Free Amazon Firestick VPN
Looking for a top-notch free VPN for Amazon Fire TV? Atlas VPN is currently the best choice, offering up to 5 GB of protected data with its free subscription.
- Security and Privacy: Whether free or paid, Atlas VPN provides strong protection using AES-256 encryption. It strictly follows a no-logs policy, ensuring your privacy by not collecting any activity logs or IP addresses.
- Performance: Atlas VPN stands out with the WireGuard tunneling protocol, available even in the free plan. This feature, along with a small server fleet in 3 locations, doesn’t significantly impact your speed. There’s also no connection speed limit.
- Features: The free Atlas VPN app includes a kill switch to protect your IP address if the connection drops. All servers support P2P traffic, making torrenting hassle-free. With a paid plan, you get additional features like an IP rotator and data hack detection.
Free users can’t access Netflix, but YouTube works well. The paid version of Atlas VPN is excellent for streaming Netflix, Disney+, and other major platforms.
For unlimited data, full security features, and access to major streaming sites, the premium version of Atlas VPN is the way to go. Pricing starts as low as $1.64/month.
- You can watch most streaming services without a hitch.
- It comes with filters to keep you safe online.
- Uses an extra-secure protocol called WireGuard®.
- You get quick help through live support.
- Adds an extra layer of security with built-in 2FA login.
- There’s a free version with useful features.
- You have 30 days to change your mind with the money-back guarantee.
- It’s based in the US, which might make some folks worry about privacy.
- The number of servers is a bit limited.
5. ZoogVPN – A Reliable Free Firestick VPN
Looking for a reliable free VPN for your Amazon Firestick? ZoogVPN is a good choice, offering decent connection speeds, a dedicated Firestick app, and extra security features.
- Security and Privacy: ZoogVPN protects your traffic with AES-128 encryption after signing up with an email. The company assures users that no activity logs are collected.
- Performance: Free ZoogVPN users can choose from PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSEC, and IKEv2 protocols. The paid version includes the WireGuard protocol. Free servers are available in the US, the UK, and the Netherlands.
- Features: The kill switch feature activates when your VPN connection drops. ZoogShadowing helps users in heavily censored countries bypass restrictions. Servers based in the Netherlands support torrenting.
The free version of ZoogVPN doesn’t bypass geo-restrictions. However, with the paid version, you can access Netflix, Disney+, and more.
You can use 10 GB of data for free for a week without providing payment details. After the trial, the cost starts as low as $1.99/month.
- You get a generous 10 GB of free data.
- Uses the secure OpenVPN tunneling protocol.
- Works seamlessly with Firestick.
- No need to provide credit card details.
- The free version is only available for a week.
- Doesn’t have as many features as some other options.
How Do I Set Up a Free VPN with Firestick?
To Set Up a Free VPN with Firestick:
- Pick a reliable free VPN and download the app.
- On your Fire TV Home screen, go to “Settings” and select “Applications”.
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Select the VPN app and log in.
- In the VPN app, choose a location and a server.
- Once connected to the VPN, your IP address changes.
Why Free VPNs Might Be Dangerous?
Getting a free Firestick VPN may seem easy, but there are risks to consider:
- Data Selling: Free VPNs may sell your data to third parties for various reasons, such as to operate in censored countries or to generate income.
- Malware Infection: Some free VPNs display risky ads that can lead to malicious websites, infect your device, or make you a target for phishing scams.
- Tracking Your Activity: Certain free VPNs may track your online activities, exposing your privacy by implementing trackers in their apps.
- Outdated Security: Free VPNs often lack advanced security features due to limited resources, providing poor and outdated protection.
Q: What is the cheapest VPN for Firestick?
Atlas VPN is the most affordable paid VPN for Firestick. The basic monthly plan starts at just $1.64 per month. This plan allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously, unblock streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, or BBC iPlayer, and access other premium features.
Q: What is the best completely free VPN for Firestick?
Atlas VPN is a top choice for a free VPN on Amazon Firestick. It provides advanced security features, excellent connection speeds, and round-the-clock customer support for all users.
Q: Is a free VPN enough for watching Amazon Fire TV?
No, a free VPN is generally not sufficient to bypass geo-blocks on Amazon Fire TV. Typically, free VPNs offer a limited amount of protected data, and most of them cannot unblock streaming platforms.