In today’s world, video editing has become an essential skill for content creators, social media influencers, and businesses alike. With the rise of smartphones, video editing apps have become increasingly popular, allowing users to edit videos on-the-go.
Android users, in particular, have a plethora of options to choose from when it comes to free video editing apps. From beginner-friendly apps to more advanced ones, there is something for everyone.
In this article, we will explore the best free video editors for Android, so you can create stunning videos without breaking the bank.
10 Best Free Video Editing Apps for Android of 2024
Choosing a free video editor app on your Android is a smart move if you’re just starting out and don’t have much money. It’s also great for people who want to share stories while they’re on the move.
These apps are helpful tools, just like photo editors on Android, to make good social media content. Let’s check out the best free video editors for Android in 2024.
Filmora is a great video editing app because it has lots of cool effects that content creators love. It’s got many features that are just as good as other fancy services.
Filmora brags about its awesome text and music effects, different transitions, and ways to zoom in and out, it can make the sound better. It has over 5000 stickers, filters, emojis, and backgrounds, which is pretty cool. And it doesn’t just work with videos from your phone but also clips from Filmstock.
If you want to make awesome TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube videos, or other stuff, Filmora has many templates to help. The app is free, but if you want all the fancy features, you’ll need to pay $6.99 per month.
- Incorporates green screen editing capabilities
- Supports reverse playback of videos
- Boasts impressive built-in sound effects
- Enables the covering and mixing of video files
- Does not possess advanced effects editing functionalities
PowerDirector for Android is like having a professional video editor in your pocket. It lets you edit videos with cool features like using multiple tracks and editing in high-quality 4K. Even if you’re new to video editing, it’s easy to use.
You can arrange your video clips in a straight line and add sound using a mixer. The app also uses smart technology, like a tool that removes backgrounds from videos. Plus, it has trendy video effects that you see on TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram.
There’s a free version, but if you want more cool stuff, you can get a subscription for $5.99 per month.
- It makes shaky videos look steady.
- The transitions between clips are smooth.
- There are awesome effects to make your videos cool.
- It can add captions automatically, which is helpful.
- There aren’t many choices for transitions.
- You can’t make the text in your videos move around.
3. VN Video Editor
VN Video Editor is a great video editing tool for people with Android, as well as those with other types of phones, tablets, or computers. The best part is that there are no watermarks or hidden catches, making editing videos more enjoyable.
You can use VN to edit videos in different sizes and shapes. It has basic tools for things like cutting, splitting, and speeding up videos. Plus, it comes with lots of music options, so you can create a cool library of sounds for your videos.
Another cool thing is the variety of stickers, fonts, and other stuff you can use. The app is free, but if you want more features, you can buy the pro version for $9.99 per month.
- It saves your work automatically.
- You can see your video in full screen.
- It lets you do picture-in-picture editing.
- You can decide how long your video is.
- Sometimes it works slowly.
- The free version doesn’t have everything.
Promeo is a free video editor for Android that makes it super easy to create attention-grabbing promos in just three steps. It comes with a big collection of 10,000 ready-made templates, which is great for making cool content for social media.
You can use your videos, photos, and music from places like Shutterstock, iStock, or Unsplash. It’s awesome because it supports lots of different file types.
The templates cover various categories like education, beauty, real estate, and food. They keep adding new ones every month, so you always have fresh ideas for your social media posts. The basic features of Promeo are free, but if you want more, the pro version costs $50 per year.
- Has free-to-use stock elements.
- Comes with animated stickers for fun editing.
- Offers exclusive color filters for unique looks.
- Lets you separate an object from the background.
- It might be a bit slow at times.
- Doesn’t use a subscription model.
If you want to make really good videos, think about why you need the app – for serious work or just for fun. Mojo’s look is like Instagram or Facebook, so if you use those a lot, you’ll get the hang of Mojo quickly.
Mojo works for different video sizes, so it’s good for making stuff for all kinds of places. It has lots of templates and topics to help you make awesome posts. You can also use cool filters for your videos, like making them look old or adding special effects.
If you have a brand, Mojo helps with that too. You can make your own Brand Kit with colors, fonts, and your logo, kind of like using a logo design tool. It’s free, but if you want extra cool features, it costs $19.99 per month.
- You can easily change the templates to how you like.
- It helps remove backgrounds from pictures.
- You can make stories with many pages.
- You can use audio for business purposes.
- The way to report things could be better.
- It’s a bit hard to copy or make the same forms easily.
InShot is a great app for editing videos, and people like it because it has a lot of tools and is easy to use. It’s free and has cool features like adjusting the speed, which some other apps don’t have.
With InShot, you can edit both photos and videos. It also has ready-to-use templates, perfect for making your photos look awesome on Instagram. You can even add a special vlog touch to your videos and use MP3 or other audio files to make them sound cool.
Even if you’re not really into technology, it’s easy to bring in your videos, edit them, and make them your own with InShot. The basic version is free, but if you want more advanced features, there’s a pro version for $3.99 per month.
- It has cool filters that make videos look like movies.
- You can use a green screen for fun edits.
- Makes still parts of videos move.
- The video quality is really good.
- You can’t edit on multiple tracks or in super high quality.
- The help you get when you have a problem isn’t the best.
Quik is a really good app if you want to make highlight videos with multiple clips. It’s made for this kind of thing, and you can easily mix videos, add themes or music, and get your video ready in no time, especially if you want to post it on Instagram.
Editing with Quik is simple. You can make your videos unique with cool filters, titles, fonts, and trims. Plus, it works with 28 different video formats, which is awesome. The app is free, but if you want more cool features, you can pay $1.99 per month for them, and it’s definitely worth it.
- Works with videos in different orientations.
- Comes with ready-made themes for quick editing.
- Has a private content feed option for added privacy.
- Works well on different devices.
- It doesn’t let you edit in 4K.
- The free version has some limitations.
CapCut is an excellent free video editing app for Android, especially for those who love using TikTok. It covers all the basic editing features like adding text, stickers, colors, and music to your videos.
If you’re into more advanced editing, CapCut has you covered with features like keyframe animation, chroma key, stabilization, slow-motion effects, and other cool options. People like CapCut for its wide range of exclusive filters, audio tracks, transitions, and trendy styles.
Additionally, the app lets you remove backgrounds and can automatically add captions to your videos. The best part is that the free version of CapCut has all the necessary features. But if you want extra cool stuff, you can get a subscription for $7.99 per month.
- Has a great selection of copyrighted songs.
- Offers an impressive variety of templates.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Most features are available for free.
- Doesn’t provide advanced color grading options.
- Some functions may have accuracy issues or glitches.
If you’re someone who wants an easy-to-use video editor for making awesome Instagram reels, Splice is the perfect choice for you, especially if you’re into editing Instagram photos too. It’s a great tool for creating content for social media.
With Splice, cutting and adjusting your clips is easy, giving you a smooth and clean video in the end. While it doesn’t let you edit in 4K, it offers cool things like a big library of music and sound effects to make your clips unique.
Using Splice, you can add transitions, apply video effects, and share your final video directly to social media. The app is free to use with basic features, but there’s also a pro version for $12.99 per month if you want more advanced stuff.
- Offers music from various genres.
- Provides a variety of transitions for creative editing.
- Supports basic image editing features.
- Allows direct export to social media.
- Some music might be under copyright.
- The app may crash occasionally.
10. Film Maker
Film Maker is like having a professional video editor right on your smartphone. It has a bunch of advanced features to make your videos look fantastic. You get complete control over green screen editing, which is pretty cool.
Even though it doesn’t let you edit on multiple tracks, Film Maker gives you lots of other options. There are 30 filters and 17 transitions specifically designed for 4K video, along with an Audiometer for adding a voiceover to your clip quickly.
You can use Film Maker for free with basic features, but if you want more advanced stuff, there’s a pro version for $7.99 per month. However, for basic editing needs, the free tools are more than enough.
- Lets you do green screen editing.
- Has an Audiometer for adding voiceovers.
- Offers linear gradient colors for a cool look.
- Provides a wrapper background option for text.
- Puts watermarks on your videos.
- Some options may have glitches.
Q: What are some good free video editors for Android?
Some top choices include InShot, CapCut, and Quik.
Q: Can these apps be used by beginners?
Yes, these apps have user-friendly interfaces, making them suitable for beginners.
Q: Do these video editors support basic editing features?
Absolutely, they offer features like trimming, adding text, music, and more.
Q: Can I export videos directly to social media?
Yes, many of these apps allow direct sharing to platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
Q: Are there any watermarks on the edited videos?
Some apps may include watermarks, but many provide options to remove them.
Q: Do these editors offer advanced features for more experienced users?
Yes, some apps, like Film Maker, provide advanced features for users with more editing experience.